- Sites of writing
- First-year writing/English composition
- Identifying and supporting diversely-prepared students
- Writing across the curriculum (WAC) and writing beyond the first year
- The undergraduate and graduate writing major and minor
- Writing centers
- Administrative structures
- Demographics of respondents
With data from 900 institutions, the National Census of Writing will help educators and administrators across the country to better understand the variety of ways in which writing instruction is delivered in the twenty-first century.
The research team has made the processed data available through this open-access database, which allows individuals to gather national data on pressing local questions. The database is searchable by type of institution, institutional size, geographical location, and, when we have consent, by the name of the institution.